Meet Dr. Yoo
Dr. Sirius K. Yoo is a board-certified facial plastic surgeon and a board-certified head and neck surgeon. He is one of only a select number of surgeons in the nation to complete a prestigious fellowship in facial plastic surgery at Stanford University.
An active member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Dr. Yoo has been a presenter and instructor at national meetings, teaching other surgeons advanced and new techniques. He has also been published in JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery.
In 2017, 2016 and 2015, Dr. Yoo was named Best Cosmetic Surgeon in San Diego by Ranch & Coast Magazine. Dr. Yoo has also been featured in San Diego Magazine’s Top Doctor Issue, recognized by San Diego Business Journal as a Healthcare Champion finalist, and is known as a leader in his community. Dr. Yoo is a regular supporter of Rady Children’s Hospital and Helen Woodward Animal Center, and donor to a number of local charities, including San Diego Professionals Against Cancer, American Cancer Society, San Diego Brain Injury Foundation, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Access Youth Academy, Pedal the Cause and AVON - Breast Cancer.
Known for his natural-looking results, Dr. Yoo specializes in cosmetic surgery of the face and neck — such as rhinoplasty, facelift, brow lift and blepharoplasty — and combines surgery with laser treatments, chemical peels, Botox, fillers and skin care for the best possible results. Trained in advanced techniques, Dr. Yoo is often sought out for the most challenging cases, including revision rhinoplasty with rib harvest and facial reconstruction due to trauma.
Dr. Yoo’s approach to facial plastic and reconstructive surgery is to achieve a natural, balanced look that is individualized for each patient. “Too often, surgeons apply generalized techniques that result in an ‘overdone’ plastic surgery look. I believe that every face and personality is unique. I get to know my patients over a series of visits in order to customize my surgical approach. I find and create symmetry and harmony among the structural elements of the face, giving my patients the natural, balanced appearance they want.”
Dr. Yoo operates out of his own surgery center at SKY Facial Plastic Surgery, located in 4S Ranch between Rancho Santa Fe and Rancho Bernardo. The center was recently awarded a 3-year accreditation by the California Medical Association’s Institute for Medical Quality, recognizing it as a top-quality surgical facility.
American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Board-certified to perform facial plastic and reconstructive surgery
American Board of Otolaryngology
Board-certified to perform head and neck surgery, both cosmetic and reconstructive
Completed a prestigious fellowship in Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery; Acted as Attending Surgeon and Clinical Instructor for the Department of Otolaryngology; Authored journal articles and a book chapter on Facial Plastic Surgery
University of Washington
Widely considered to be among the very best otolaryngology residency programs in the nation
Completed otolaryngology residency program; Placed in the top 3% in the nation on Otolaryngology Inservice Exam; Trained for six years under the nation’s top experts in emergency trauma and complex craniofacial injuries; Performed surgery for:
- Harborview Medical Center – One of the nation’s busiest trauma centers and the only Level I trauma center serving all of Washington, Alaska, Wyoming, Idaho and Montana.
- UW Medical Center – A world leader in medical discoveries, known for its state-of-the-art clinical care and break-through discoveries in medical science; One of the nation’s largest recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding.
- Seattle Children’s Hospital – A premier child health care and pediatric center; Recognized as one of the leading US hospitals for children.
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs – The Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System is a distinguished leader in teaching, research and patient care.
University of Michigan
One of the nation’s most prestigious medical schools
Graduated with Doctorate in Medicine; Awarded Merit Scholarship; Authored research articles on head and neck oncology
University of South Florida
Completed coursework for Ph.D in Organic Chemistry
University of Florida
Graduated with Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Dr. Yoo Featured in Ranch & Coast Magazine as a Portrait in Excellence
- Dr. Yoo Named Best Cosmetic Surgeon in San Diego
- Dr. Yoo Featured in San Diego Magazine's 2015 Top Doctor Issue
- Dr. Yoo Named Healthcare Champion Finalist 2015
- Private Celebration Honors Dr. Yoo as Best Cosmetic Surgeon
- The Yoo Family Featured in 92127 Magazine
- Dr. Yoo and the SKY Team Featured in 92011 Magazine
- Dr. Yoo Named Healthcare Champion Finalist 2014
- Dr. Yoo Featured in San Diego Magazine's 2014 Top Doctor Issue
- Dr. Yoo Lectures at Stanford Facial Plastic Surgery Course
- American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery Invites Dr. Yoo as Instructor
- Dr. Yoo Published in National Journal