Day 2 - Framing is Done and Signs are Up!
Now I can walk through all of the rooms and get a sense of how much space each room will have. Here is the view from the back entry, looking towards the break room. Eventually, the assistant station will block this view a bit.
The crew also started building the fire wall around the surgery suite. The fire wall will slow down a fire in case of an emergency. It extends up, beyond the ceiling, all the way to the roof.
The general contractor also installed the HVAC (air conditioning) units. Our space needs three HVAC units. Two are above the instrument-cleaning room (see photo below) and one is in the hallway near the assistant station.
We were excited to see our signs up! There is one next to our entry door:
And one outside on the monument next to Dove Canyon Road:
You might also like to:
- Read the next post in this series - "Day 3 - Millwork and Sinks"
- Start at the beginning - read the first post where we announced our move!
- Go back to Day 1 of construction.
- Get the details about our grand opening party on March 27!
- Get these updates in your inbox!
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.