Our Duty to You
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 is a federal law that requires us to maintain the privacy of your personal health information (PHI), to provide you with notice of our privacy practices, and to to abide by the terms of this Privacy Notice.
How We Share PHI
We may use and disclose PHI without your consent in order to:
· Provide you with medical services and treatment.
· Collect payment for the services we provide.
· Facilitate the treatment or payment activities of other health care providers for whom you are a mutual patient.
· Comply with the law.
We will obtain your written authorization before using and disclosing your PHI in any additional manner, except where permitted by law. You can revoke your written authorization at any time, except to the extent that we have taken action in reliance of such authorization.
You have the right to:
· Review and obtain a copy of your medical record.
· Request your record be amended.
· Receive an accounting of certain disclosures of your PHI.
· Request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your PHI.
· Request an alternative means or location for receiving communications of PHI.
· Submit a privacy complaint to us and/or to Health and Human Services (HHS).
We are happy to discuss our privacy practices further with you. If you have a question or concern, or if you would like assistance with exercising your rights, please contact our designated Privacy Officer:
Amber N. Yoo, M.B.A.
Vice President of SKY Facial Plastic Surgery
We reserve the right to revise or amend this Privacy Notice at any time. Contact the Privacy Officer for a copy of the most recent version.